Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mike Davis Signed 1985 Fleer #422 Baseball Card Athletics Autograph with a great story

 My coolest memory of Fenway Park came on July 24, 1985. My friend and I were outside Fenway Park collecting autographs. Oakland Athletics outfielders Dwayne Murphy and Mike Davis arrived via taxi. They signed our autographs. We then asked Davis who was having a great year if he was going to hit his 17th homerun that night. He responded with 'I am going to hit number 17 and 18 Off the Can (Dennis Oil Can Boyd,).' We were thrilled with his response and pressed him for more information. He retreated and only promised one homerun. Lo and behold, he hit number 17 off Boyd in the 9th inning. What a memory.
I recall my sons' first games on September 26, 2007 and July 4, 2011 like they were yesterday. Fenway Park is all about memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment